Thread: Which OS image has the following settings enable for usage of Racoon and IPSEC Tools?

Default Which OS image has the following settings enable for usage of Racoon and IPSEC Tools?

Please advise which OS image has the following Kernel settings enable (for me to use ipsec tools/racoon)

Networking support (NET) [Y/n/?] y
    * Networking options
    PF_KEY sockets (NET_KEY) [Y/n/m/?] y
    IP: AH transformation (INET_AH) [Y/n/m/?] y
    IP: ESP transformation (INET_ESP) [Y/n/m/?] y
    IP: IPsec user configuration interface (XFRM_USER) [Y/n/m/?] y

Cryptographic API (CRYPTO) [Y/n/?] y
    HMAC support (CRYPTO_HMAC) [Y/n/?] y
    Null algorithms (CRYPTO_NULL) [Y/n/m/?] y
    MD5 digest algorithm (CRYPTO_MD5) [Y/n/m/?] y
    SHA1 digest algorithm (CRYPTO_SHA1) [Y/n/m/?] y
    DES and Triple DES EDE cipher algorithms (CRYPTO_DES) [Y/n/m/?] y
    AES cipher algorithms (CRYPTO_AES) [Y/n/m/?] y

Or if any can tell me how to update the kernel settings on the unbuntu 9.04 in Link-1 that would be awsome! (I already tried apt-get'ing racoon and ipsec-tools which installs properly but won't run because these kernel settings are not enabled)

-W

The OpenVZ platform at VPSLink includes kernel modules described in our VPSLink OpenVZ Installed Kernel Modules wiki document - if you need access to install additional kernel modules, I would highly recommend that you switch to our Xen platform.

Simply sign up for a new Link-1 plan on the Xen platform (use PayPal as your billing method) and contact our billing department - we will credit your account for prorated service on your OpenVZ plan, cancel your OpenVZ subscription, and apply the service credit on your account toward your Xen subscription.

Is Xen available in your NY datacenter?

Quote Originally Posted by wchang View Post
    Is Xen available in your NY datacenter?
    Based on my experiences, VPSlink isn't some half-ass fly by night shop, so I'm going to lean toward yes. Why wouldn't Xen servers be available in the NY DC?

** edit **

Wow, so apparently I'm an assumptive donkey...

http://blog.vpslink.com/2009/09/stat...ember-11-2009/

wchang,

I apologize for making such an assumption...

** end edit **

-Guy
    Last edited by GuyPatterson; 09-12-2009 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyPatterson View Post
    Based on my experiences, VPSlink isn't some half-ass fly by night shop...
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyPatterson View Post
    Why wouldn't Xen servers be available in the NY DC?
    An interesting rationale...

We've been postponing the Xen NYC release because we will be employing a new provisioning system to handle Xen management and, owing to the latter, we're not going to roll it out until we've put it through the motions often enough to ensure that it will get the job done

Hi Dan,

I've been having trouble getting a response from the billing department in terms of cancelling my current vps and migrating to a XEN instance.

Can you assist?

My old vps is wch1.vps my new vps is wcha.vps, which hasn't been activated.

Thanks!

Sorry for the wait - we just finished rolling out Xen in NYC and, though it looks as though your Seattle-based Xen instance is up and running at this time... perhaps it's time for another billing ticket?

If you'd be willing to sign up for a new Xen VPS with the NYC50 coupon code (you must log in to the My.VPSLink.com Control Center to use the code) we can get you started with two free weeks' hosting and we can cancel your present Xen service in Seattle to apply service credits for your NYC service.

(Please feel free to send me a private message once you receive a ticket number - I'll expedite things to the best of my ability)