Thread: System became Read only Filesystem?

Default System became Read only Filesystem?

I experienced this recently where the file system just turned read only. The only indication was when I tried to delete or even touch a file... I read online that this is related to a xen bug with 1k blocks but I can't seem to fix it by trying to remount it but instead have to reboot. Anyone experience this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cwewmpz View Post
    I experienced this recently where the file system just turned read only. The only indication was when I tried to delete or even touch a file... I read online that this is related to a xen bug with 1k blocks but I can't seem to fix it by trying to remount it but instead have to reboot. Anyone experience this?
    Yes, this happens a lot, it sucks.

Same thing here. I rebooted and no change. I rebooted again and I was able to create a file, then the system went read-only.

I had almost six months of uptime with no problems, then this happened and I can't get rid of it. Does anyone know the root cause and/or how to permanently resolve this issue?

hello. This topic was created Way before the migration with the former vpslink. I understand your frustration but please private message matt@vpslink concerning your issues.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

I am currently trying to reproduce this behavior with a test VPS. Will be pushing the file system very hard on my test VPS.

If anybody has details on what was going on with your system at the time the file system went read only, please post them as it may help to reduce testing / research time while I search for the responsible component.

Being able to consistently reproduce the issue is key to identifying the source of the fault.

when I experienced this prior a reboot is no problem. After migration a read only system would require a fsck which I would assume is a hardware issue unless some sort of i/o resource program is causing it.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink