Thread: FreeBSD possible?

Everett, Washington, United States of America

Question FreeBSD possible?

I like FreeBSD. But it is not available. Is it possible to just install it from Gentoo or another OS? And, is it possible to buy a certain amount of custom bandwidth?
    Pctech37
    Last edited by Pctech37; 12-19-2009 at 09:10 PM.

*bump* *bump*

FreeBSD: We are not offering FreeBSD at present, though it may become a possibility for our Xen platform if we have sufficient interest to justify template development.

Bandwidth: We do not offer "a la carte" upgrades - a plan upgrade would be the best way to increase the available bandwidth for a VPS.

what happens when we hit the bandwidth limit on out vps?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneE1se View Post
    what happens when we hit the bandwidth limit on out vps?
    As noted on our VPS Hosting FAQ, overages are billed at $0.50/GB.

I should note that our plans include generous bandwidth allocations - it is very rare to see overage charges applied (and the My.VPSLink.com Control Center provides bandwidth graphs to help determine whether you may be nearing your bandwidth limit).

We will also correct bandwidth overage if you hit your bandwidth limit when communicating between virtual private servers in our Seattle and New York datacenters (bandwidth between VPS's in the same datacenter is not counted toward bandwidth use) - if you have VPS's in both datacenters, we will add an additional 50% to the bandwidth allocation for all of your subscriptions.

Thanks! Is there some way I could make a xen templete for you? Then you can offer it? Also, is there some way to prevent the OS from using too much bandwidth?