Thread: glibc-2.10.1-r1 compile failed

Default glibc-2.10.1-r1 compile failed

I'm using the 2008-12 portage build right now and there is a new glibc that it's suggesting I upgrade to. Unfortunately when I try to build it this error appears:

Code:
    2010-02-02 13:11:26 (200 KB/s) - `/usr/portage/distfiles/glibc-2.10.1-patches-6.tar.bz2' saved [113352/113352]

* glibc-2.10.1-patches-6.tar.bz2 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                [ ok ]
     * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                             [ ok ]
     * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                            [ ok ]
     * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                           [ ok ]
     * CPV:  sys-libs/glibc-2.10.1-r1
     * REPO: gentoo
     * USE:  elibc_glibc kernel_linux nls userland_GNU x86
    make -j3 kern-clo-test
    cc -O2 -march=prescott -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer  -Wl,-O1  kern-clo-test.c   -o kern-clo-test
    make -j3 kern-enosys-test
    cc -O2 -march=prescott -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer  -Wl,-O1  kern-enosys-test.c   -o kern-enosys-test
     * Your old kernel is broken.  You need to update it to
     * a newer version as syscall(<bignum>) will break.
     * bugs.gentoo.org/279260
     * ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.10.1-r1 failed:
     *   keeping your system alive, say thank you
     * Call stack:
     *                ebuild.sh, line  54:  Called pkg_setup
     *   glibc-2.10.1-r1.ebuild, line 181:  Called eblit-run 'pkg_setup'
     *   glibc-2.10.1-r1.ebuild, line 167:  Called eblit-glibc-pkg_setup
     *          pkg_setup.eblit, line  34:  Called die
     * The specific snippet of code:
     *                      die "keeping your system alive, say thank you"
     * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =sys-libs/glibc-2.10.1-r1',
     * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =sys-libs/glibc-2.10.1-r1'.
     * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.10.1-r1/temp/build.log'.
     * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.10.1-r1/temp/die.env'.
     * S: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.10.1-r1/work/glibc-2.10.1'
    * Your old kernel is broken. You need to update it to
    * a newer version as syscall(<bignum>) will break.

Is there any way of fixing this? There's a kernel patch for openvz but since I don't have access to it I'm stuck.

Anyone find a resolution to this? I am also unable to compile glibc.

I think the only way to resolve this is to wait for the admins to upgrade the node. The other way is to switch to Xen.

I believe you just need the kernel headers for the particular kernel in your openvz and compile it with that. Either that or hope a patch is available in the gentoo list. Ask there.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

The compile message actually included a link to the kernel patch, but I had to edit it out because I'm new to the forum.

bugs.gentoo.org/279260

Again, because I'm on OpenVZ there is no way to patch the kernel.

The compile error was with linux-headers-2.6.30-r1 installed

Code:
    kanna # emerge -va linux-headers

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
    [ebuild   R   ] sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6.30-r1  0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB