Thread: Port losing issues?

Default Port losing issues?

Hey guys

hoping someone is able to help me

ive been having an issue for a while now, one of my servers networks connnections seems to be having issues

One of my ip address's keeps losing connection every so often (usually for about 10mins every hour or sometimes more often)
    i can ping one of the other ip's on the server and it replys fine
    its just this 1 ip that seems to be the problem
    and whats weird is while its not responding internally (in the datacentre) it still replys externally from where i am

it wont let me do a traceroute internally and seeing it always works externally doing one from here shows perfect even when the problems happening
    ive disabled iptables on this server for the testing and it still does it, ive logged a ticket but they keep wanting a traceroute and that but seeing i cant do it it makes it hard

Does anyone have any suggestions?

a few mins after i posted this and a few days after making the ticket they think they have found teh cause, will monitor and let you guys know

tried the ping again and still happening

--- us02.snm.co.nz ping statistics ---
    69 packets transmitted, 41 received, 40% packet loss, time 68004ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.312/0.406/1.472/0.175 ms
    localhost:~#

they keep saying its working externaly from other servers so they keep closing it but as ive told them its only ever internally in their dc and only have been able to get it to do it from the 1 host....its getting very annoying

Hello,

We have reduced load on the destination node (server2.fdwow.net) and now the
    problem does not occur. Please test and confirm, and let us know if this does not
    fix the problem.

--
    VPSLink Support

lookiong better and hasnt done it for a while