Thread: My VPSLink experience

Default My VPSLink experience

I was on VPSLink for about 1 year (maybe more) and I was always satisfied by the service (no issue at all, maybe some little downtime).
    About three weeks ago I had a little issue with a Debian configuration. I am an Arch Linux user, therefore I decided what my computer does. If I install a service, I have to set it up to start when the computer starts. With Debian If you install something, when the computer starts, all the service starts. You have to configure it to avoid it.
    So, what's happening? I installed Squid for a little test. Installed, used, stopped. And for me, it's stopped. But VPSLink restarts my computer, Debian restarts squid and some spammer found the proxy not configured and used my vps to spam.
    It was the 23th May. The 24th May VPSLink mail me to notify the problem and that the email service is closed to me. As soon as possible I fix the problem, stopping squid and removing it from the startup service.
    The 31th May the VPS was down. I ask why on tickets, forum and mailing them and after 5 (FIVE) days they answered me that they had closed my account. Without any notification! So I lose my files and my configuration.
    Ok, my fault, I didn't know squid started automatically, but I paid a service, I fixed the problem and without telling me nothing they shutdown it all.
    I was very disappointed by this and of course they don't care.
    However I have decided to search some other VPS service.

I'm trying intovps.com. The base vps costs 10$ and has 20Gb hard disk, 512Mb ram guaranteed (up to 1024Mb), 500 Gb monthly bandwith and I can Install Arch Linux
    As far as I can test, connection speed is very good (up to 12 Mb/s downloading the ubuntu iso) and about 1 second to check its md5.
    I will try it better in the next days, however I definitively say goodbye to VPSLink.
    Hope someone will follow me.

Goodbye to everybody!

your complaint is kinda pointless if you read the TOS even of your new provider that they will terminate without refund if caught sending unsolicited email.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

Quote Originally Posted by Cwewmpz View Post
    your complaint is kinda pointless if you read the TOS even of your new provider that they will terminate without refund if caught sending unsolicited email.
    Of course you're right, but if they said
    we have suspended the e-mail functionality for your account as we have noticed that spam e-mails were being sent from your account through script text/plain. More than likely your account has been compromised or hacked
    I expect that by fixing the problem my account will be safe.
    In fact I can use my VPS for some days before its deletion.
    If they said me "you're a spammer and we will delete your account" at least I save my own thing.

good luck but bulk spam/compromised systems usually involve the same outcome. If this happened at a server in a datacenter, the outcome would be most unpleasant.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

I agree. I remember ToS clearly mentions, unauthenticated proxy servers are not allowed. They are within their rights to stop your account from causing further spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Morena View Post
    I can vouch for your success. I bit the bullet and purchased 6 months of Link3 Xen service with VPSLink.com and the experience has been a complete success.
    wow, these bots are starting to get smart, this one actually could fit in with a real discussion

hi, i want to tell you guys that i have a bad experience with vpslink. First of all i was 1 year very happy, but since they started their "migration of accounts" the quality service was down, every day i had a downtime and all the sites was down

Really all my customer could't stand it, even the mails lost o delayed because the downtime, so i decide to mode to another server.

The problem doesn't finish yet, vpslink is trying to charge my credit card, even i decided to cancel some months ago, but they don't like to take my decision, and still are trying to charge my credit card, with moths of service i didnt use, Total Amount: US$ 511.80
    WHAT A JOKE!!

Well. thank you for read me.

Grest, sorry I didn't see this post earlier. If you are still experiencing an issue please send me a PM with the details and ticket numbers and we can work to sort things out.

Default My VPSLink experience

I was VSP Link for about 2years(maybe less) and I was always satisfied by the serivce(no matter at all,maybe some small thing downtime).
    About two weeks ago I had a small issue with a Debain configuration.I am an Arch Linux user,therefore I plan about what my computers does.