Thread: Migrated without pre-warning

Default Migrated without pre-warning

Well I just arrived at home and what I'm seeing right now? None of my webs nor my VPS answering my request.

BRAVO VPSLINK YOU ARE MIGRATING ME WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING.

You've lost a 4 years-old client (another one) for this great management.

I've now been down for 2.5 hours due to this migration that I was not told about. I'm losing money right now.

I'm now 2.5 hour too, very disapointed. Luckily I had 5 minutes of responding VPS and I taked the backups to another provider.

Byebye VPSLink.

VPS keeps down.
    Nice transition [/ironic]

Me too

Normal VPSLink support in response to my ticket admitted that "Unfortunately, we weren't notified by the transition team when this happened either" and they have fobbed me off to this "Transitioning team" who don't respond to me emails. My VPS has now been down for nearly six hours and despite the control panel saying the transition is complete it isn't running and doesn't seem to respond to a restart...

The old control panel had a proper console but this new one just has an SSH terminal tool so no way to see if anything is happening before SSH starts.

Overall I'm very dissapointed.

I hope someone from VPSLink/Spry is reading this and kicking some butt to get out servers back online.

Mike

Edit: I'm pleased to say my VPS is now back - within 10 mins of this post. I still look forward to an explanation and some sort of compensation.
    Last edited by Mike; 06-15-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Update

Lucky you I keep with the VPS waiting for the migration.

editing: Right now I'm configuring a new VPS @ intoVPS. I'm goin' to migrate all my data and all my projets to the new VPS. So this is the final bye VPSLink. I'll open a billing ticket to refund.

Of course I'll tell to anyone who ask that this company doesn't work well.
    Last edited by Siberiano; 06-15-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Well, after 5+ unacceptable hours of downtime, I'm back up.
    Note: my views are my own and do not reflect those of VPSLink

I'm 6 hours down. Jeez.

Well its been a few months since I posted in this thread. I decided to follow my instincts and moved to another provider and going by what I have read in this forum subsequently I'm pleased I did.

I was with VPSlink for some years and at the time I signed up they were one of the stand out providers taking into account price/quality of service. Now its seems there is more choice of VPS providers and so far I've been happy with the one I selected - Tagadab (UK hosting).

On the plus side for VPSlink their billing department were pretty decent and gave me a pro-rata refund without any penalty for terminating early - though I did have to push a little to get it.

Mike