Thread: no route between Spry and vpslink?

Default no route between Spry and vpslink?

I cannot connect from a Spry box to a vpslink box, and vice versa.

This seems very surprising to me. I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise, but I would have thought that there is a route between the two data centers.

Anybody else experiencing this?

did you check firewall?
    did you check your nameservers?

Open a ticket. No idea but since they still not completed migration even though they just recently moved their dns name servers to boston and even changed their ips... not surprised if there's a routing issue you are experiencing.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

Yeah, but not much help. Turns out that the nameservers from the Spry box are no longer reachable from that box -- because they are in Boston!

Putting in new local dns servers lets us get out to most of the world, just not to the VPSLink VPS we have in Boston. Same problem going the other way too. VPS has no route the our Spry dedicated server.

All of this we've discovered ourselves. Based on the messages we've received, its not even clear that Spry/VPSLink even understand what the problem is.

Anybody know what occurred very early on June 17 (EDT) that caused this problem? I should have thought one month would have been sufficient to fix it.

that's kinda funny. think june 17 was the day my vps was migrated to boston.

I actually not sure what you are talking about but I usually change my resolv.conf to global nameservers than those of my provider. Sounds like either a firewall or dns cache problem(does happen). I can access the vpslink centos mirrors and ips (that ones i'm not blocking anyway) so I am not much help.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

What nameservers do you use? I tried asking Spry support for their recommendation, but they had a hard time understanding that I needed addresses for the server to look up names, not for adding dns entries or for my PC.

As for caching, I have rebooted many, many times to try to fix the problem. Perhaps there is caching somewhere down the line that I cannot control.

I'm pretty sure this is all related to Spry/VPSlink changes. We changed absolutely nothing during that period. I'm not getting any feedback from them that suggests they understand this.

er. you just search "public dns servers". An example could be google's free dns servers. I do not suggest opendns simply because they are too slow especially for large dns queries even though people say to the contrary.

vpslink/spry could understand what you are saying but if they can ping/traceroute some sample ip's I mean... I don't even know what ip you have trouble with. You can't expect people to help troubleshoot blindly when they experience no issues themselves.

Good luck.
    I just realized you said spry. If you have managed from spry they should troubleshoot why the spry vps won't connect to your vpslink vps.
    Last edited by Cwewmpz; 07-18-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks for the google dns pointer.

Spry/VPSlink have lots more info than in this thread. Here I was only asking if anyone else had the specific experience between a Spry dedicated server and a VPSlink VPS.

Last I heard from support they are still trying to find our dedicated server. I think this means both physically and in their record keeping system! Once they find the server I hope they will be able to figure out why they cannot provide us with a route from there to our VPSlink server.

It's actually pretty funny to observe. I only wish it wasn't affecting the operation of our business.

You responded as I was editing my post!!

ohhh. dedicated spry server; that is a rarity... If it's really a month to resolve you are much more patient than I think I would be.