Thread: Where did my vps go?

Default Where did my vps go?

I'm unable to ping any of my 3 IPs. Primary IP is 67.223.234.115. I tried connecting via the SSH webshell and it won't connect. The VPS status shows "Provisioning Status: Disabled". WTF??? My account isn't delinquent, it's not due to renew until March 2011. I've opened a ticket but no response yet from VPSlink. Hello....
    Last edited by NHvps; 08-20-2010 at 03:17 AM.

I got a hold of tech support. On hold while they check why the account was suspended.

Got the answer. It appears they have an automated system that is supposed to detect DOS attacks that originate from the servers. They thought my server did this and it automatically suspended the VPS. They were supposed to also autocreate a ticket to tell me they did this. As it turns out, what happened was I was doing a large FTP transfer from my house to the VPS and they mistook that for an attack. *sigh* VPSlink turned on my VPS and all is well again.
    Last edited by NHvps; 08-20-2010 at 04:47 AM.

how is that possible? how many connections were going on to get it reported as a DOS attack? Seems more like some sort of disk io protection.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

VPSlink didn't tell me anything about what the trigger points are. I haven't yet looked at the FileZilla config options I was using. I was using SFTP to do the trasnfer. I think it may have been configured to allow up to 6 simultaneous transfers. I'm going to change that to 2 to be safe.