Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Xen Console Panel Has No Console!

I don't have any VPS-XEN or Openvz links to follow within my Control Panel. Theres nothing to do with controlling the server at all.
    Support have rebuilt the filesystem, after they rebooted the server and it failed to restart, as I could do absolutely nothing from the Control Panel.
    My SSH and IMAP aren't running, so I've asked support to re-look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar View Post
    I don't have any VPS-XEN or Openvz links to follow within my Control Panel. Theres nothing to do with controlling the server at all.
    Support have rebuilt the filesystem, after they rebooted the server and it failed to restart, as I could do absolutely nothing from the Control Panel.
    My SSH and IMAP aren't running, so I've asked support to re-look at it.
    It's really strange these problems come after months of it changing over. Sorry for the trouble. The link should be something like this from when you log in:
    http://www2.vpslink.com/controlpanel...trolcenter.bml

If you don't see it, open a ticket and tell them to provide directions with links to get into your control panel. Have a good weekend.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

The control panel, vDeck4 isn't a panel for VPS hosting.
    It's a control panel for website hosting
    Bring back the old control panel, VPSlink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwewmpz View Post
    It's really strange these problems come after months of it changing over. Sorry for the trouble. The link should be something like this from when you log in:
    http://www2.vpslink.com/controlpanel...trolcenter.bml

If you don't see it, open a ticket and tell them to provide directions with links to get into your control panel. Have a good weekend.
    Not really strange at all. I have had zero issues with my server since well before the datacentre migration. I've always been able to SSH to the server to get things done. This is the first time I've had to try to do anything with the server via the control panel.
    Your link worked absolutely fine thanks. I don't have any such link from my panel so I've bookmarked your link.
    A second attempt by customer services gave me access back to the server, and all is well again.

Default I'll second the need for console access.

I used to be able to get to console via ssh (not the panel). No longer after the transition.

Yesterday I suddenly got a bunch of disk errors and my fs went read-only just like yours. If it was just a transient problem a reboot would have recovered it. I would like to watch the console to know what was going on. Argh!

I'm also afraid that someday I will do something stupid with my firewall and lock myself out. The only way around it is (drum roll please) _console_acces_!

Right now it's been 24 hours since my disk has gone away. Since I have no console access, I have no clue what's going on (and the status is still, "work in progress").

Argh!!!!

Mine has just gone again. Second time in just over a month. Time to open a ticket. Anyone else having similar issues? I'm using Gentoo.

Default Unable to reboot, stop services or access SSH

Our server has gone down twice in two weeks. Cannot reboot through the Control Center, cannot stop services (time out) and cannot access via SSH Terminal. Submitted a ticket AND called support since this is the second time in two weeks. All of this after renewing for another year. Extremely frustrating as it then takes 24-48 hours (minimum) to get any action completed.

The explanation I got from the very friendly guy on the phone is that it the server goes into read-only. As a result he can't do anything (he only has the same accesses that I do that do not work). He then has to escalate.

please list your tickets or pm matt@vpslink your tickets so it can be properly investigated. Please refrain from adding off topic responses to this thread or it may be locked or cleaned. I have noticed you posted in the other forum on this same issue. Thank you.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12