Thread: Graphical interface

Default Graphical interface

hey im new here and im going to buy a Link 3 on Silvester to release a beta of my game made with unity 3d and smartfoxserver...

for me a windows user with a small knowledge of ubuntu/linux mint it would be easier to work with a graphical user interface.

can anybody give me a step by step tutorial for dummies to do that ?

i would like to use teamviewer or something like that, so i need a gui...

thanks
    /Robert

hello. Teamviewer requires wine to be installed first and than you just install their package for your particular linux os. However I am not sure the system requirements as link3 might be the minimum. Be sure to pick xen as the swap will act as extra memory at the cost of performance when it's used and choose 32bit os.

I would recommend webmin instead however you should open a ticket with teamviewer first for their recommendations.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

so xen cause i have more memory...? (what is the difference between xen and openvz?)

ubuntu 32 bit ( cause i have ubuntu..) ?

and instead of teamviewer webmin..?

and smartfoxserver will run?

thanks

ehm would another os be better?

and i maybe want to run lampp beside... is that enough ram?