Thread: Wildcards in new control panel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wildcards in new control panel

In the old hosted DNS nameserver I had a record: *.wild.domain.edu

Can this be done in the new hosted DNS nameserver?
    I see a wildcard record but it applies to the whole third level of the domain. I need the wildcard on a forth level record.

Is this possible with the new nameserver?
    (or do I need to find a new provider??)

i think it would be easier get a dns provider vs changing hosting providers...

However there is a solution to your problem. Apparently vpslink dns manager allows you to add domain at the third level but not beyond. So basically you will add domain wild.domain.edu. From there use dns manager to set your wildcard.

I don't use vpslink's nameservers but I think it would work.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

I just got a new provider and moved service there.

Cwewmpz > btw the suggestion you made does not appear to work, can only add a wildcard to the base domain, which just does not work for what I need.

New provider was easier and offered some additional benefits as well.

not sure I know what you mean since I can add a third level domain just find. You do have to select the third level domain from the dropdown in dns manager, click go button, and than edit the wildcard.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink