Thread: Need Help with CPanel WHM setup

Default Need Help with CPanel WHM setup

Hello guyz,

Wish you all good day.
    First of all I'd like to say that I'm new to VPS. I user shared hosting earlier and thought of moving to VPS because of increased traffic.
    I just bought VPS package and Installed cPanel. The installation was successful and I could see the default page in my server IP.

The problem is When trying to setup the WHM I couldnt access the port 2087 which gives Unable to Connect. the port 2086 wors fine for the WHM Basic configuration.

The process if fine till spet three. On step four I got some problems. I need to enter the name servers. I couldnt find one and tried some default name server 4.2.2.2 4.2.2.3 and 8.8.8.8 and some 64.**.**.**.** But I get the error as "ReferenceError: YAHOO is not defined"

I tried Disabled from the options BIND, NSD, Disabled..But get the same error.

http: i53.tinypic.com/2z6569y.png

I tried to search for this error but couldnt find any solution.

So couldnt proceed after this step. So pleas help me at the earliest.
    And i'm new to VPS and only know the basics. So Please be kind to explain the process.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Davvidd; 01-08-2011 at 05:45 PM.

we can't help if it's a nulled script.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

I bought CPanel license with the VPS.

Its original CPanel licences..

I am a little confused... if you bought the license with the vps than the provider is responsible for setting that up. you would have to take it up with your provider.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

I bought the cPanel license with the VPS I mean from your Portal and billing system. So it means that I bought it through you system.

Please be kind in solving my issue because i couldnt proceed without setting up WHM and its already been 4 days from purchase of my VPS :/
    Last edited by Davvidd; 01-09-2011 at 07:40 AM.

YAHOO error involves YUI. are you using beta?

Follow the instructions on cpanel for installing the stable branch.
    cpanel is only for 512mb and above. it's too memory intensive for anything less. Though it may install the optimized edition which is optimized for memory.

you can open a ticket at http://tickets.cpanel.net/submit
    Please note as in my signature I am not an employee.

Thanx for reply..
    My VPS got just 256 MB.. That might be the problem..
    I'll try to install the optimized version.

I tried reinstalling cPanel and the problem is solved.

Thanks for support.