Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xen Node Maintenance Wednesday Feb 16, 2011

Default Xen Node Maintenance Wednesday Feb 16, 2011

We will be performing maintenance on each of the Xen hardware nodes Wednesday February 16, 2011. The maintenance will begin at 10:00 PM Eastern time.

The maintenance will involve updating each hardware node one at a time. Containers will be shut down and the hardware node rebooted to complete the update. Estimated impact for any individual container is around 15 - 45 minutes.

wow. can you send an email out concerning this so people can verify their vps comes out. This will only generate ALOT of complaints if you don't provide clear notification.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

An email notice is being sent out to all Xen customers.

The maintenance has been completed.

Default no notification reboot

I got my email the day before yesterday announcing my server would be rebooted. It was. Last night it was rebooted again, without any warning or any followup email indicating what had happened. How hard is it to do what you say? Why did you reboot my node if it was already upgraded and rebooted the night before? How hard is it to notify your customers before you do something like this. Shoddy.

If you read the announcement the upgrade starts at 10pm (yesterday) but is different for everyone as it is done individually. Mines did not start till 5 and half hours later (today). Please pm matt@vpslink your ticket if there was another unscheduled reboot before than.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

Quote Originally Posted by Cwewmpz View Post
    If you read the announcement the upgrade starts at 10pm (yesterday) but is different for everyone as it is done individually. Mines did not start till 5 and half hours later (today). Please pm matt@vpslink your ticket if there was another unscheduled reboot before than.
    If you read low's post he asks why his server was rebooted twice within 24hrs. I'd also like an answer as so was mine.

I did read it proppinupthebar.

I wrote that he should open a ticket and forward that ticket to matt@vpslink so he can find out since he would have no idea what vps is referenced. Mines was not rebooted for instance.

I had tickets for both reboots as at the moment my server looses ssh every time its rebooted. No reasons given for second reboot. I'd have thought asking in the open forum would have been a better option than PM'ing Matt for a reason individually? Is that not the point of the forum? To see if other people also had the same issue?

I'd also like to thank Matt for fixing my issues twice in two days (same issue three times in a month!)

Quote Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar View Post
    I had tickets for both reboots as at the moment my server looses ssh every time its rebooted. No reasons given for second reboot. I'd have thought asking in the open forum would have been a better option than PM'ing Matt for a reason individually? Is that not the point of the forum? To see if other people also had the same issue?

I'd also like to thank Matt for fixing my issues twice in two days (same issue three times in a month!)
    I think you are confused by what my responses are. Most of the time none of these complaints have ticket numbers posted. When queried for these ticket numbers there are no responses.

Report your issue on this forum with your ticket numbers AND state you pm matt@vpslink otherwise there's no point to your complaint as it will never be fixed properly.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast