Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xen Node Maintenance Wednesday Feb 16, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cwewmpz View Post
    I think you are confused by what my responses are. Most of the time none of these complaints have ticket numbers posted. When queried for these ticket numbers there are no responses.

Report your issue on this forum with your ticket numbers AND state you pm matt@vpslink otherwise there's no point to your complaint as it will never be fixed properly.

Thank you.
    No problem.
    My container has just been shutdown again (19:01:27 GMT) Anyone else just noticed a reboot again?
    I'll PM Matt again. Ticket number 7914093

Default xen upgrade gone bad

I suspect I'm on the fringe, since my Xen "container" runs Gentoo. I am now unable to ping my VPS for the last 9 hours. This combined with not having a web console makes life interesting. I put in a ticket a few hours ago... and hear silence.

[Edit]
    Ticket closed OK... fixed. Thanks!

[Edit]
    And another reboot... is this the last one?
    Last edited by serrs; 02-17-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by serrs View Post
    I suspect I'm on the fringe, since my Xen "container" runs Gentoo. I am now unable to ping my VPS for the last 9 hours. This combined with not having a web console makes life interesting. I put in a ticket a few hours ago... and hear silence.

[Edit]
    Ticket closed OK... fixed. Thanks!

[Edit]
    And another reboot... is this the last one?
    Hello serrs. Please make sure to pm matt@vpslink your ticket or post it here so the issue can be resolved. I know Proppinupthebar uses gentoo as well. There was another report but there was no followup so it may be an exclusive gentoo issue. Be sure to call for downtime as that will lead to the quickest resolution in my experience.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

I can understand where some of the confusion came from.

There was a power outage in a portion of the datacenter the night before the maintenance was performed.

Most of the servers in the datacenter were not affected, but we did have 5 boxes that ended up losing power during the power outage. As a result a few folks VPS containers would have seen a reboot last Tuesday night from the power outage, and last Wednesday night from the maintenance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12