Thread: Maintenance April 6, 2011

Default Maintenance April 6, 2011

We will be performing planned maintenance tonight Wednesday April 6, 2011 beginning at 10:30 PM Eastern and ending around 2:30 AM Eastern.

OpenVZ and Xen hosts will be moved to a different vlan and given new IP addresses.

The maintenance is expected to take 1 hour to complete. After the maintenance is completed QA on the changes is expected to take up to 3 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the network outages resulting from the maintenance. VPS containers will not be rebooted during this maintenance. The maintenance has been scheduled during off hours to limit any impact to customer business activities.

This maintenance is being performed to allow host nodes to be able to allocate a much wider range of IP addresses to VPS containers, allowing customers to purchase additional IP addresses.

Best Regards
    Matt@VPSLink

Default You're changing which IP addresses?

Our server just went down and we got alerted by our monitoring service. I just saw this thread about changing vlan and IPs. I take it this is a backend thing and NOT the public facing IP address of our server that is changing, correct?

-Rob
    Last edited by smellyspice; 04-07-2011 at 03:50 AM.

[sarcasm]Thanks for the heads up, spry[/sarcasm]

Default my server is down too!

My server is also down and unable to be accessed/rebooted from the vpslink admin panel. Is this to be expected and how long will my server be down?

1 hour already passed, and we still can't access our server.

I'm back up.
    Last edited by theohiooutdoors; 04-07-2011 at 04:51 AM.

ours still down -> ours is up
    Last edited by psudewa; 04-07-2011 at 05:20 AM.