Thread: upgrade from F9 to F15

Default upgrade from F9 to F15

Hi,

im trying to upgrade from fedora 9 to fedora 15 following the wiki at Upgrading Fedora using yum - FedoraProject

yum is telling me "Command line error: no such option: --releasever" while trying to sudo yum --releasever=15 --disableplugin=presto distro-sync

any advice of upgradeing fedora without a contained reinstall would be helpful

full upgrades like the one you are suggesting is a bad idea in general.

Furthermore upgrades are only supported in general from 9->10 10->11 12->13 and so on to 15.

I would ask this question in the fedora forums as some full version upgrades require additional precautions.

Good Luck.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

yea decided to do a clean install rather the upgradeing with yum or preFAILupgrade, couldent find one person to say anything positive about upgrading this way