Thread: Where to turn

Default Where to turn

Hi -- new here

Not the computer guru just the site owner but have a few questions. Word Press site hosted on a VPS originally set at 300mb. We are constantly getting error messages of memory over usage with current host so increased to 400mb. Not a complicated site as best I can tell so wonder if there is someone besides host that can do some testing on our site to help us determine problem. Am asking because if we need to switch hosts I am considering VPSlink.

Do you already use WP-Supercache or W3-Total-Cache plugin?

I would suggest a Xen based VPSLink VPS, it gives you swap memory, so you can avoid running out of memory and your site will just run slower if the memory usage shoots up due to a spike in visitors. A Link-4 Xen should be fine for you.
    Note: my views are my own and do not reflect those of VPSLink

I would like to say in terms of memory usage it does not mean a site has to be uncomplicated. A default site with apache/mysql for example works best at 512mb to support a dozen users as it starts to scale well beyond that. You will have to tweak your services to reduce excessive memory usage.

As this is an unmanaged service, if you require finetuning than your should pursue managed vps service who's minimum is usually 512mb in ram. They will usually not support unusual cofigurations however.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

My friend recently mentioned about using VPSLink. I currently have 4 blogs and 1 website all using WP platform. Will I experience any problem if I switch to VPSlink if I'm using WP? My current hosting service costs me a lot of money per month, that's why I'm looking for cheaper yet good alternative.

vpslink is an unmanaged vps provider. you have to setup your own webserver/php/mysql/mail etc and migrate your blog yourself.

there shouldn't be any problems as i've migrated plenty of wp blogs from one vps to another. the problem is picking the right package which has enough memory to handle your blogs. always make a full backup before any migrations and follow wp instructions.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink