Thread: Need Help with VPS!

Default Need Help with VPS!

Okay, i just bought a VPS, a month one, and this is my first time buying one... i have no idea on how to connect, i try connecting with remote desktop, but nothing works, i have no idea what is going on, i have been trying for hours to figure this out, but nothing

-- hopefully someone can help ---

Hi xscape, the way to connect to your Linux VPS is using SSH. This will give you access to the command line.

Hi Thank you Chris, what do you mean by connecting using ssh, is that the only way? because isn't ssh just for commands and stuff, i see other people with other vps's able to connect very easy with remote desktop or lutty, if you could send me a tut on what i need to do that would be very helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by xscape View Post
    Hi Thank you Chris, what do you mean by connecting using ssh, is that the only way? because isn't ssh just for commands and stuff, i see other people with other vps's able to connect very easy with remote desktop or lutty, if you could send me a tut on what i need to do that would be very helpfull.
    you can simply internet search "connect to vps" and add in ssh or linux and there will be plenty of examples for you to pick. I am not sure why you want to refer to how other people connect to their vps as it would benefit you much more having them assist you personally.

Remote desktop usually refers to a windows vps. You have a vps on linux. Good luck.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink