Thread: What package, need to run xvfb plus website

Default What package, need to run xvfb plus website

Hi,

Ok so I'm new to self managed hosting. I need to run a website with Prestashop (so PHP, MySQL, Smarty, Apache, etc), but I also need to run this bit of software:

Ahh can't post a link, it's Ribbonsoft's vec2web.

It's a console app, but it requires an QT and therefore a X Windows server to be running. So I was going to use Xvfb to run a headless X Windows server.

Question is I have no idea what sort of package I would need for this. Web site traffic would be low (very low) to start with.

I am competent enough to set all this up on a box I own, but no idea how to tell what VPS resources I would need.

Thanks, Cam.

hrmm... some of the stuff you said went over my head but in regards to prestashop which is considered ecommerce application... you shouldn't get anything less than a link 4 (xen 512mb). Even if you expect no traffic because these scripts are not meant to be on low memory vps packages.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

OK, thanks for that, its a minimum starting point if nothing else.

Cheers.