Thread: Can't login through SSH

Default Can't login through SSH

I've tried every password and username combo I could possibly think of and just get "Access Denied" when trying to ssh into the box with putty. I go to the ip listed on the control panel page and I use the user name listed at the very top of the page...nothing. Tried everything else I can think of, too. Nothing.

Can someone shed some light on this maybe?

your ssh login should always be "root" unless you change it for security reasons. you can also regenerate password in the control panel.

Details should be in your welcome email. Have a good day.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink

Alright. So, by default it's root for the login (I haven't been able to get in TO change it yet...lol), the password that I generate in the control panel and the IP in the email. I will give all that another shot.

Thank you!!

Alright...I tried "root" as a username and the generated (then regenerated...) password pasted directly into Putty, on a Java based Chrome SSH terminal webapp and on the control panel's Java based SSH terminal all of which are telling me access denied...

.....???

As you were.

Reinstalled the thing...works now. That was weird.

Thank you for the help.

hello again.

Please remember to secure your vps and not setup any open proxies where it may be abused as that will probably violate your service terms.

Have a good day.
    Happily on a Link3. Feel free to request a refferal code that takes a 10% lifetime discount off your hosting.
    Please open a SUPPORT TICKET AND CALL vpslink to resolve your vpslink problems FIRST
    I am a CUSTOMER Only. Any vpslink issues should be directed to Matt@VPSLink and/or Michael@VPSLink