Thread: opensuse 10.2 no /dev/random ???

Default opensuse 10.2 no /dev/random ???

hello

i was surprised to find out that the vpslink version of opensuse 10.2 does not deploy a /dev/random but only a /dev/urandom !

any ideas why so and how this can be fixed???

Default a quick hack work arround

in /etc/init.d/boot.local

add the following:
    ln -s /dev/urandom /dev/random

I hate to troll, but I just can't help it...

if you have so many complaints with the OpenSuSE distro (as evidenced by the 50,000 bright red frowning faces in your 20 different rant posts), why not use a different distro? Perhaps one not in bed with Micro$oft?

There are a number of Redhat-flavor and Debian-flavored derivatives available. If you're just building out your box, it would be a good time to give one a try before you get everything loaded and compiled.

Quote Originally Posted by skavoovie View Post
    I hate to troll, but I just can't help it...

if you have so many complaints with the OpenSuSE distro (as evidenced by the 50,000 bright red frowning faces in your 20 different rant posts), why not use a different distro? Perhaps one not in bed with Micro$oft?

There are a number of Redhat-flavor and Debian-flavored derivatives available. If you're just building out your box, it would be a good time to give one a try before you get everything loaded and compiled.
    its one thing to build, and another to migrate from-to
    otherwise if i would have known that there were such differences between standard distro and a vps hacked, i would have rserved more time to build from the ground up using rhel or centos.