Thread: cPanel Urgent Help Please

Default cPanel Urgent Help Please

Ok, ive set it up, but im not sure how to configure/work dns. I havent enabled the cpanel dns server, but ive got 2 dns records setup in my namecheap account. ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com. But i cant seem to get peoples domains to load their hosting when they set the dns to them, do i have to request reverse dns? (I have setup an account for them in cpanel btw)

Are you using the VPSLink Server Control Center to configure DNS for your primary domain?

You will need to have ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com set up via cp.vpslink.com and run the cPanel DNS server if you would like to give your clients the ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com nameservers to point to hosting on your site.

You do not need to request a reverse DNS for the domains for the domains to resolve for web traffic, however, you are welcome to submit a reverse DNS entry for any domains which have their own IP's and will be used for sending e-mail.

Your best bet would do a reverse dns and set up ns1 and ns2 for your domain.

I'm assuming your VPS has 2 or more IPs and you want to use your own DNS servers, not VPSLink's, and you already have ns1.domain.com -> IP 1 and ns2.domain.com -> IP 2.

Now you need to setup the DNS on your VPS, through WHM. Add somedomain.com and put in the pertinent records. Make sure you also have ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com A records on the server.
    Note: my views are my own and do not reflect those of VPSLink

Quote Originally Posted by The Universes View Post
    I'm assuming your VPS has 2 or more IPs and you want to use your own DNS servers, not VPSLink's, and you already have ns1.domain.com -> IP 1 and ns2.domain.com -> IP 2.

Now you need to setup the DNS on your VPS, through WHM. Add somedomain.com and put in the pertinent records. Make sure you also have ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com A records on the server.
    Thanks for the help