Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FreeBSD on Xen?

Default FreeBSD on Xen?

Hi,

I know FreeBSD 6.2 will work with on a Xen vps. Is there any chance one can purchase such a setup from vpslink?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, there are no plans to support FreeBSD at this time.

We have noted your interest - if sufficient demand becomes evident, we will look at including FreeBSD in the future.

If someone could provide a working image I'd be happy to test it out on our servers, and if it worked, release it.

Thanks. If I upload one of my VPS with you, would it be ok for you to get it from there? I am running Xen on a standard CentOS 5 system. FreeBSD installed like charm... What is your host system? I can try and get it running on the same. Please let me know.
    Last edited by AK47; 02-06-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask about your host system

If you drop the file in your account and let me know where it is, I can work some magic and retrieve it. I'll get you some details about our Xen implementation later today.

I am just posting here to indicate my interest in a FreeBSD based VPS. It may also be worth noting that if FreeBSD works, I am extremely interested in a OpenBSD based VPS.

Hope vpslink would support freebsd and openbsd based on xen.

vpslinkdotcom, I've uploaded 4GB FreeBSD 6.2 xen image on one of my VPS-es with you. I'll pm you the IP in a sec so you can download. Please let me know if its any good

Ak47,

Can you include the XEN config file you use to run this?

Thanks

Hi,

I've uploaded FreeBSD.config.xen - the vm config file and xend-config.sxp - xend configuration, at the same IP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast