Thread: Best Way to Get Indexed in Google

sanjaysahu Guest

Default Best Way to Get Indexed in Google

What is the best technique for indexing a new site in google?

I have been using social bookmarking with good success, but I was wondering what everyone else is doing.

Thanks

easyway2host

That is a fairly interesting thread-starter - I'll leave this thread open if anyone else would like to discuss, however, the spammer has got to go.

Despite the spam attempt, I'll contribute something that might help.

Here's a little something I wrote up on my blog (hosted on a Link4 :P). How To Get Included In The Google Index In 48 Hours Or Less.

Basically, establish legitimate backlinks. Social bookmarks are ok, but the majority use the "nofollow" attribute, which doesn't negatively effect your rankings, but certainly doesn't help. Also, instead of just creating a sitemap for Google, create a sitemap for your visitors (sitemap.htm, sitemap.php, whatever) that contains a list of ALL the pages on your site. Once you reach 100, create a 2nd page, rinse and repeat.

Interestingly enough: I have noticed that if you use the Google Toolbar browser extension and visit your brand-new domain, you'll see a visit from the Google spider within minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DanL@VPSLink View Post
    Interestingly enough: I have noticed that if you use the Google Toolbar browser extension and visit your brand-new domain, you'll see a visit from the Google spider within minutes.
    Wow, that is interesting. Not that I don't believe you, but would you mind providing evidence? I'm weary of installing Google anything and would like to know for sure before installing their toolbar.

It turns out that my most recent domain purchase (earlier this month) was already spidered by Googlebot and the logs have already rotated into oblivion, so I don't have a particularly good example to share.

A search for "googlebot visits" "google toolbar installed" turns up "GoogleBot visits what you visit if you have the toolbar" at WebmasterWorld as its first result, so I know I'm not the only one who has encountered this behavior.

It's very easy to get indexed, the real challenge is getting a decent position on the keywords you are indexed for. I think that having a good "robots.txt" file is key. Google helps you make one, so you know that the one they help you make is going to be quality. Check them out

Hello,
    If you want to make sure that all of your pages get indexed, building an HTML sitemap is the best way to do that. Create one page that links to each and every other page on your website. This allows Google to easily crawl and find all of your pages. Make sure that you link to this HTML sitemap page from your homepage, making sure it's even easier to find.

Thanks
    David Smith