Thread: OpenSSH broken

Question OpenSSH broken

Well, I updated my installation, and OpenSSH was updated, and now I'm getting the error detailed here: [archlinuxforums]/viewtopic.php?id=55471]Arch Linux Forums / SSH Exchange Identification Error[/url]

So how do I access the box without SSH working? I have heard of some providers having a console type access, but whats on my.vpslink.com is just a java based SSH client.

Any Ideas?

Edit: I've learned to be a lot more sparing on the updates of my vps from now on, At least pay more attention and not immediately update crucial things like openssh.

Was this the same issue which was commented upon at the Arch Linux Forums SSH Exchange Identification Error thread?

Yeah, I'm experiencing the problem at home and here, at home isn't a problem, I just haven't found the time to actually go home long enough to fix it, and well I can't fix it on the VPS for obvious reasons. I'm pretty sure you just need to regenerate the host key and restart the VPS, but I'm not positive.

Edit: I had tried to include the URL n the original post, but got an error saying you need 20 posts or something.

Please create a support ticket - this type of account-specific issue would be best addressed by our support team (if you believe that it will only be a matter of regenerating the SSH host keys, we can do so with a support request).

Quote Originally Posted by DanL@VPSLink View Post
    Please create a support ticket - this type of account-specific issue would be best addressed by our support team (if you believe that it will only be a matter of regenerating the SSH host keys, we can do so with a support request).
    I created a ticket for this, however I can't see this ticket under my Ticket history, all I see are my 3 other closed tickets. I created a ticket once before and It never showed up, and I never got a reply for it, is something broken, or am I mistaken that I should be able to see the un-answered ticket?

You should be able to see the ticket (please resubmit the issue at your earliest convenience, it does not appear as though any recent tickets are associated with your account).

Did you receive a ticket number when creating a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by DanL@VPSLink View Post
    You should be able to see the ticket (please resubmit the issue at your earliest convenience, it does not appear as though any recent tickets are associated with your account).

Did you receive a ticket number when creating a ticket?
    Ah, it seems there is a bug in your support system, if you leave the "Line of Service" as "Other / Not Specified", it doesn't appear to create your ticket, and it doesn't give you a ticket number either. It does work if you select your server from the list though, ticket created.

We are presently looking into the ticket creation issue - it appears to be related to our recent move of the VPSLink Support Center to the My.VPSLink.com interface.

Our developers are looking into the issue at this time.