Thread: Wiki Contest: Write the Best Article and Win a Dell Inspiron Mini 9

Arrow Wiki Contest: Write the Best Article and Win a Dell Inspiron Mini 9

The Prize:

A Dell Inspiron Mini 9 pre-loaded with Ubuntu 8.04.1, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 8.9" LCD display, 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 4 GB SSD, 802.11g wireless card... (and more)

To Participate:

1. Register for the VPSLink Wiki (if you do not already have an account)

2. Create an article or articles on the Linux topic of your choice (see suggestions below for some ideas)

Contest Deadlines:

• Starting: November 1st, 2008
    • Closing: November 30th, 2008
    • Judging: December 5th, 2008

Article Suggestions:

The most popular articles on the wiki at this time are the CentOS 5 setup for LAMP and ISPconfig article, the Configuring vsftpd for secure connections (TLS/SSL/SFTP) article - detailed "How To" guides and articles which describe how to successfully configure a VPS for an application or set of applications are in high demand.

Specific topics? There are as many possible topics as there are applications, but here are a few applications and features to consider:

• Webmin
    • LAMP
    • Ruby on Rails with Apache
    • pam_user_auth

If you have advice to contribute to better performance (or extreme low-memory configurations appropriate for entry-level VPSLink plans) you are welcome to share your ideas in an article. Here are some examples of some existing articles which provide valuable advice:

Contest Rules:

1. All articles submitted must be original - submitting articles previously published elsewhere will result in disqualification

2. Contest is open to eligible VPSLink subscribers and non-subscribers - participants will be considered eligible if local laws permit participation and Dell Inspiron Mini 9 shipping is under export restriction at their location

3. Winning article will be determined by VPSLink staff before December 5th, 2008 - winner will be notified by e-mail address provided at VPSLink Wiki registration
    Last edited by DanL@VPSLink; 11-01-2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Formatting update

i wanna ask a question,
    i earn money from your referer system, how do i get my ernings from vpslink?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmbay View Post
    i wanna ask a question,
    i earn money from your referer system, how do i get my ernings from vpslink?
    Your earnings from the referral system can only be used to pay for your VPS at vpslink. It will automatically use your referral earnings to pay for your VPS every time you get an invoice.
    Note: my views are my own and do not reflect those of VPSLink

ok universes thanks,
    i dont need cuppon code

sounds like fun. Thanks