Thread: Installing e-mail on Link-5 Ubuntu LAMP

Unhappy Installing e-mail on Link-5 Ubuntu LAMP

Okay... I have such a headache. I attempted to install Postfix+Dovecot, but failed miserably. I've uninstalled both and am now ready to start fresh. I have 6 domains hosted on my vps, and would like a few mailboxes for each domain. I would also like webmail for each domain, doesn't matter what kind (squirrelmail, horde, whatever). I just want the simplest way to be able to send and receive mail and have webmail. Why is it so hard

I've been babied by my previous web hosts by having mail servers pre-installed lol. What did you guys do to get your vps's email servers up?

Have you checked out the guides on howtoforge.com or the Guides on the VPSlLink wiki?
    Last edited by The Universes; 11-05-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    Note: my views are my own and do not reflect those of VPSLink

Oh yes, I have. I'm thinking of using google apps for my domains, not a bad idea actually. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by meinemitternacht View Post
    Oh yes, I have. I'm thinking of using google apps for my domains, not a bad idea actually. Thoughts?
    Works great, been using it for almost year I think without any problems. You get POP3 and IMAP, which is excellent.
    Note: my views are my own and do not reflect those of VPSLink

Yep, set it all up yesterday for every domain without a hitch. once the dns records propogated, everything was working like a charm! Couldn't ask for more for free lol.