Thread: "OpenSSL enabled but cannot be found" when install pkcs11-helper

Talking "OpenSSL enabled but cannot be found" when install pkcs11-helper

There were more than 10 days past since I install the OpenVPN in my VPSLink server.But it still not be done!
    The first question is can not found the pkcs11-helper when make the OpenVPN, so I install the pkcs11-helper. And, "Error: OpenSSL enabled but cannot be found", the message when make pkcs11-helper.It is strange that the OpenSSL is installed and work fine! And, the VPSLinks server installed one versions of OpenSSL in system already,but I don't know how to start it. Even start it but not know the lib and headers floder path of OpenSSL.So I install another version, and the OpenSSl is work fine.But I don't understand why says OpenSSL enabled but cannot be found?
    who can give me some supports.Appreciate it!

DANL, I need you help. Thank you.

If need any error information, I can put it up.

Are you installing OpenVPN from source or are you installing from yum?

(Installing from yum would be the easiest route - if you are installing from source you will need the openssl-devel package)

Thank you DanL, thank you very very much!
    The OpenVPN was installed in my server yesterday. According to what you said, not only install the openssl-devel package, but also the LZO-devel package.And, install the pkcs11-helper before install the openvpn.The most improtant is very package's version must match with the kernel's version.And, do not install from compiler,but from rpm or yum.
    Finally, I would also like to thank DanL once again, he is a very good guy!