Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: possible to store and install complete machine image?

Quote Originally Posted by Development@VPSLink View Post
    ...so you'd create your VPS as you could like it to be, and click "backup." From the restore console, you'd be able to restore your current VPS to that snapshot, or copy that backup to another VPS (aka, a clone feature).
    Yum! That would be good.

Any updates on the ability to clone? I didn't notice any mentions on the blog.

Thanks

Is there still a possibility to have this service, as an extra?
    In other words, si possible to have a restore from a previuos backup (vplink backup, not mine) situation of the entire VPS?
    If yes, how much will cost this operation?

I can confirm that cloning functionality remains a priority for our development team, however, we have several large projects in the queue which have a higher priority.

We do have the option to restore your VPS from a backup copy if needed - please open a ticket with our support department for further information.

Hi DanL,
    I have opened a ticket asking a quotation for that service.

Here the answer i got (ticket 1518341):
    We recommend clients to find their own backup medium for their VPS
    needs. You could backup to a local computer, or use a service such as
    Amazon's S3.

Could you check that my english in the question was right to see why I got this strange answer?

It appears as though our technician was firing off an old standard reply in that ticket (though it is still our recommendation that you maintain your own backups, particularly if you know you may need them) - I will follow up with our support manager to ensure that our technicians keep this in mind.

Backup restoration is listed at our Support Policy page and there is a $50 per incident service fee, so the initial recommendation to store your own recent backups as a regular aspect of system administration remains a good idea.

I have all the backup data, but is a matter of speed.
    I was asking also how long will take a restore from the ticket to the online status.

Restoration time will vary greatly depending upon the size of the file(s) requested for restoration or your disk utilization and plan level - I have requested that our support manager update your ticket with information appropriate to your account.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12