Thread: My first experiencie with CPANEL/WHM

Unhappy My first experiencie with CPANEL/WHM

Well i want to tell you, that my first experiency with vps and cpnale/WHM is not very good:
    1) Firs of all, i installed the WHM/CPANEL with the defaults configuration. (not problem)
    2) In the Basic cPanel/WHM Setup i assing to the nameservers the ns1.dnscloud.com and ns2.dnscloud.com (i dont know if it is right).
    3) I migrate my customers accounts from another hosting company to this WHM/CPANEL
    4) The domains are not resolved yet. i dont know what configuration i must to do next to resolve them.
    In the resolver configuration i saw a defaults ips: 64.79.200.111 and 64.79.200.113 that i finally decide to change for 209.59.193.17 and 64.246.165.245 to work (those ips are from ns1.dnscloud.com and ns2.dnscloud.com) and finally i got the option nameserver ip work propertly (i gues), because i was not able to assing any ip with the default ips of the resolver.
    5) All the domains i tranfered have the default nameserver (ns1.dnscloud.com and ns2.dnscloud.com).
    6) I cant get the domains resolved yet. I dont know what i mist.
    I reviewed the cpanel documentation, but i cant find the solution to resolve my domains trasnfered. i only get them with its http:/xx.xx.xx.xx/~username.
    I read the sugestion in the forum for VPSlink panel but they avoid to explain how to configured the WHM/cpanel in the vps account.
    Please, is there someone could help me with this issue?
    Thank you.

I believe that the WHM Basic Configuration Guide from the Spry.com (our parent company) wiki may help with the completion of your WHM Hostname and DNS configuration.

(Please note that any references to the My.Spry.com Control Center for reverse DNS entry requests should be completed at My.VPSLink.com instead)

Quote Originally Posted by grest View Post
    6) I cant get the domains resolved yet. I dont know what i mist.
    Sounds like you haven't added DNS entries to dnscloud for your domains. You can do so through the vpslink control panel (my.vpslink.com).

Exclamation

Hi. Well today i found how to get working propertly the cpanel/WHM but i have a problem with all my emails accounts (they are not delivered and receieved) the email go to the queue manager and are not sent, even if i try to send from this queue manager.
    The steps i got the CPANEL/WHM resolved are the next:

1) Firs of all, i installed the WHM/CPANEL with the defaults configuration. (ok)
    2) In the Basic cPanel/WHM Setup i assing to the nameservers the ns1.vpslink.com and ns2.vpslink.com (ok).
    3) In the resolver configuration i saw a defaults ips: 64.79.200.111 and 64.79.200.113 that i finally decide to change for 209.59.193.17 and 64.246.165.245 to work (those news ips are from ns1.vpslink.com and ns2.vpslink.com).
    5) I have 3 IP from my VPSpanel (xx.xx.xx.xx, xx.xx.xx.yy and xx.xx.xx.zz), where one was taken for the cpanel in the instalation (xx.xx.xx.xx). Then i assing 2 free IP to my private nameservers ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com (xx.xx.xx.yy and xx.xx.xx.zz). I assing it in the WHM panel int the option: Networking Setup --> Nameservers IP. Also i registered this nameserver and IP with my domain registrar.
    6) I migrate my customers accounts from another hosting company to this WHM/CPANEL
    7) All the domains i tranfered have my private nameserver (ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com).
    6) So next the propagation of the nameservers go to my VPSpanel, in reverse DNS and assing the ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com to this respectively IP (xx.xx.xx.yy and xx.xx.xx.zz). because the main IP (xx.xx.xx.xx) has taken for the cpanel and i put the main domain.
    6) So next the propagation of reverse DNS, my Cpanel/WHM resolved my domains.
    First they were like http:/xx.xx.xx.xx/~username. But now they are
    propagated, and now are like. http://my_domain_customer.com

Well but there is a problem in the emails because I cant send or receive any email. Please some suggestion about this issue. thank you.

There are two ways you could configure DNS for your WHM / cPanel VPS:

#1 My.VPSLink.com Control Center (setup described here) - This is not the preferred place for managing DNS with WHM / cPanel. The control center is not integrated with WHM / cPanel. You will not want to use this option if you are using WHM / cPanel to host clients.

#2 - WHM / cPanel DNS Manager (setup described here) - This is the preferred way to manage DNS with WHM / cPanel (clients are able to manage their add-on domains, add subdomains, et cetera).

If you are using "ns1.vpslink.com" or "ns2.vpslink.com" anywhere in your configuration you are not using the native WHM / cPanel DNS management option and my best recommendation would be start over with the WHM Basic Configuration Guide in mind.

Smile

Hi. Well today i found how to get working propertly the cpanel/WHM but i have a problem with all my emails accounts (they are not delivered and receieved) the email go to the queue manager and are not sent, even if i try to send from this queue manager.
    [ ... snip ...]
    Try searching the VPSlink wiki for help setting up email services on your VPS. If nothing there solves your issue, try searching google or howtoforge.com for the specific MTA you're wanting to use.
    3) In the resolver configuration i saw a defaults ips: 64.79.200.111 and 64.79.200.113 that i finally decide to change for 209.59.193.17 and 64.246.165.245 to work (those news ips are from ns1.vpslink.com and ns2.vpslink.com).
    I could be wrong, but you shouldn't have changed your VPS's primary DNS servers. /etc/resolv.conf should contain:
    Code:
    nameserver 64.79.200.111
    nameserver 64.79.200.113
    One of my VPSlink servers provides DNS resolution for my domains using ns1.mydomain.com, ns2.mydomain.com. Since you're wanting to accomplish the same thing, I'd highly recommend changing your /etc/resolv.conf back to the original settings/IPs cited above.
    5) I have 3 IP from my VPSpanel (xx.xx.xx.xx, xx.xx.xx.yy and xx.xx.xx.zz), where one was taken for the cpanel in the instalation (xx.xx.xx.xx). Then i assing 2 free IP to my private nameservers ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com (xx.xx.xx.yy and xx.xx.xx.zz). I assing it in the WHM panel int the option: Networking Setup --> Nameservers IP. Also i registered this nameserver and IP with my domain registrar.
    According to the RFC, you were correct if the IPs reside on separate ClassC ranges; however, there's really no point since both the IPs are on the same server. If one IP becomes unavailable, chances are the other IP won't be available either. Unless you have 2 servers in 2 different environments/locations, there's really no point to using 2 IPs (other than playing nicely and respecting the RFC).
    [ ... snip ... ]

Well but there is a problem in the emails because I cant send or receive any email. Please some suggestion about this issue. thank you.
    This might be due to your modifications to /etc/resolv.conf, but without logs or more information, there's no way to tell..

Hi, i updated the resolver configuration, well the only thing is fixed is the domain keys and the SPF (before the change there was displayed that the the domain doent'n belong to the server).
    But still i cant send or receive any email from all my accounts.
    When i trying to send en external email to an account in this server. The email return to the sender with following message:
    (I change the name of the email for privacy reasons).
    --------------- MESSAGE STARTS HERE --------------
    This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

ventas@mydomain.com
    No Such User Here

--------------- MESSAGE ENDS HERE --------------

Well if i tried to send an email from an account on this server the mail is not send, and it goes to queue email in the WHM. This is the header message in the queue manager for this email (i hide the name of the Helo name) and some ips for privacy reason:
    ------------START----------------
    1Lq8z1-0002hO-1z-H
    mailnull 47 12
    <demo@mydomain.com>
    1238863479 0
    -helo_name *hidden*
    -host_address yy.yy.yy.yy.11558
    -interface_address xx.xx.xx.xx.25
    -received_protocol smtp
    -body_linecount 25
    -max_received_linelength 72
    -host_lookup_failed
    XX
    destiny@otherdomain.com
    ------------------ END ---------------

Default WHM/Cpanel problem solved

Hi, i finally get my Cpanel/WHM works.
    All problems of mail are solved and domain propagation ares solved.

I'm going to write a review about the steps i got this.
    Is not difficult at all.
    thank you.