Thread: Qmail Installation woes- missing "libc.so.6 section"

Default Qmail Installation woes- missing "libc.so.6 section"

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install Qmail as part of the mail Toaster install recommended on another thread.

I'm on a Link 3 with the Fedora 9 LAMP.

Anyway, I downloaded a package from A qmail installation guide so advanced it takes 2 years to update - It's gotta be Qmailrocks.org that seemed to be well documented, and well thought out. The first problem that I ran into was the the make included in the file was looking for ssh.h in the /user/lib/openssl directory. As the LAMP stack came with openssl installed, I guess as a binary, I'd never built it. So I downloaded the build package, and moved the header files including ssl.h into that directory.

THEN I reran the script, and came up with a fatal error as below:
    ./compile datetime.c
    ./compile datetime_un.c
    ./makelib datetime.a datetime.o datetime_un.o
    ./compile auto-str.c
    auto-str.c:8: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'puts'
    auto-str.c: In function 'main':
    auto-str.c:17: warning: return type of 'main' is not 'int'
    ./load auto-str substdio.a error.a str.a
    /usr/bin/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches non-TLS reference in substdio.a(substdo.o)
    /lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [auto-str] Error 1

How do I get "libc.so.6" (which doesn't actually seem to be where make thinks it's at) into the right shape and place?

Or, and this may be a better answer, what mail server really works in this environment?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Default Answered my own foolish question- download the developer's version of openssl

There was a readme just for Redhat/Fedora folks and the checklist included the developer's version of openssl so that fixed that problem at least. This seems to be a very well documented package so I think I'll spend a bit more time....reading the documentation.

Default Scratch that-Still broken install

It turns out that using the development version of ssl.h was just the "correct" way of getting through that first error. I still have the issue of not having "/lib/libc.so.6".

Any advice appreciated.