Thread: Fedora 11 ?

Question Fedora 11 ?

It's been released.

When is it coming to vpslink?

Our template developers should have Fedora 11 templates ready early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DanL@VPSLink View Post
    Thanks Dan for the update.

On a related note, how can an existing Fedora 10 VPS safely migrate to Fedora 11? Is there a way to save the current state, upgrade and if something fails revert back to the earlier state?

This came up the other day on the Upgrading an existing VPS? thread - unfortunately, the distribution upgrade process is not automated at this time:

The only reliable solution we can recommend is the one which you described - back up important files, rebuild your VPS with the latest OS template, and restore application and configuration files manually.
    We have plans to improve upon our VPS management system (in particular, on-demand backup restoration and load balancing features) so we can recommend upgrade procedures with minimal downtime - progress on these features will be published at the VPSLink Blog (and we should have some more to say about them soon).

Quote Originally Posted by DanL@VPSLink View Post
    Any updates?

I have recently bought a brand new Link and waiting for F11 before I use the Link.

My apologies for the delay in the release of this template - this appears to have been a miscommunication on our part.

I have confirmed with our template developers that the Fedora 11 template will be released as part of our regular template release cycle (whereas we should have kept to our policy of making it available as soon as possible) tomorrow, 6/23/2009.