Contact SalesSitemapCustomer Login

Go Back   VPSlink Forums > Operating Systems > Ubuntu

Old 04-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Default pear command line not working

I am setting up a Ubuntu (the problem also happens on Debian Squeeze) Virtual Private Server. I have installed php5 and php-pear. When I go to install a pear package from the command, or if I attempt to upgrade packages, for example
Code:
# sudo pear upgrade-all
pear always gets a "could not download" message. The command above gave:

Quote:
Could not download from "http://pear.php.net/get/Structures_Graph-1.0.4.tgz", cannot download "pear/structures_graph" (File http://pear.php.net:80/get/Structures_Graph-1.0.4.tgz not valid (redirected but no location)) Error: cannot download "pear/Structures_Graph"
I tried purge php-pear and reinstalling. I tried Debian instead of Ubuntu, but got the same message.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 PM

is this on vpslink? dunno what to tell you but that error message is telling you that it can't download the file. maybe the respository is having issues or you somehow blocking the download ip of that file.

either try again or check your firewall.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 PM

No, this is not on vpslink. There is no firewall. I think it had something to do with the OS template they used because I tried a different hoster and didn't have the problem.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:37 PM

then you have a dns name server problem. change your name servers to google or something.

that error message is pretty clear and i can download that file from my connection so I have no other suggestions at this time.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 AM

What makes you think it is a name server problem? I don't even have an A record setup for the IP. I'm connecting via SSH using the IP address.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:15 AM

?.

/etc/resolv.conf
Old 04-09-2012, 01:46 AM

Code:
# cat /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 199.127.224.3
Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 AM

i'm sorry are you trolling? i've helped all i can but if you are unwilling to change your resolv.conf to one of the public nameservers than you are just wasting my time.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:07 AM

Sorry, I should have mentioned it's not a vpslink account.