Contact SalesSitemapCustomer Login

Go Back   VPSlink Forums > Technical Discussion > Web Servers

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 03:09 PM

Default openvz or xen for webhosting

Hi, please help me to choose openvz or xen for my web hosting... i have over 500 sites, you means what virtualization for me ? Xen or OpenVZ ?

thanks ..
Old 02-03-2012, 08:24 PM

???????????????
Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 PM

i would say almost always xen unless you buy more ram than you need. openvz memory management can reserve more than is necessary so you can find yourself with alot of apps especially apache/php/mysql if you don't set strict memory limits on it so it doesn't fail for going over memory.

Xen will has swap memory so it will slow performance if a program goes out of memory and not fail. If you know how your memory requirements and can handle load spikes than openvz for performance.

Either case for 500 sites... you should get a dedicated unless they are all static and don't require alot of php/mysql resources. Maybe another moderator can chime in on what you need.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 AM

I tend to agree, unless all those sites are static and fairly low usage, you really should look at a dedicated solution.
Closed Thread